Looking for a top-notch St. Louis recording studio at affordable prices? Call to schedule.
The Ex’Treme Institute – St. Louis offers studio rental time to the public. Our new facility and technology makes our studio the most desired in the region, and even the country!
Studio-X raises the bar for the St. Louis’ recording community. At just over 1000 square feet, the studio is constructed on floating floors to ensure the highest in sound recording quality. Our control room features a Neve VR 36 recording console with Flying Fader automation and all available Musgrave modifications. Studio-X utilizes a custom Augsberger speaker system with dual 15″ drivers, dual 18″ sub-woofers, a distinct high frequency horn, and a several thousand watts of power to allow our students a listening environment found only in elite recording studios around the world.
The studio contains a generous amount of outboard gear so our students will not only learn where particular plug-ins originated but will be able to experience an all analog signal chain while either mixing or recording. The space features a state of the art isolation booth that is intimate enough for the most discerning vocalist but can fit a medium size drum kit when needed. The live room boasts both 14 foot ceilings and ample natural light, creating a vibe for musicians to create their next great opus. This room also contains a Shigeru Kawai 7 foot grand piano and has sufficient space to comfortably house a medium size orchestra, choir, or band.
Studio Time for Major Label Artists
- Hourly Studio Time is $150 (All sessions billed up to the nearest 30 minute increment)
- Lockout Studio Time is $1,500 (Lockout consists of a 12-hour continuous block of studio time. After that 12-hour block overtime will be billed hourly).
Studio Time for Independent Artists and Labels
- Hourly Studio Time is $75 (All sessions billed up to the nearest 30 minute increment
- Lock out Studio Time is $750 (Lockout consists of a 12-hour continuous block of studio time. After that 12-hour block overtime will be billed hourly.)
- Studio X offers a complete catering services from personal chefs for the duration of your session to fully catered event planning. Prices and menus are available from the studio manager.
Terms and Conditions
- 3 hour minimum booking
- Student Discount rates are for E.I. Students only
- Corporations with established credit – 30 days
- Service charge of 2% on accounts over 30 days
- Individuals – cash or credit card
- Deposit required confirming booking date or booked time becomes bump-able.
- Payment is due at the end of all sessions or no media can be released.
- 24-hour cancellation policy of deposit will be forfeited
Studio Time for EI Students
- Hourly Studio Time is $60 (All sessions billed up to the nearest 30 minute increment)
- Lock out Studio Time is $600 (Lockout consists of a 12-hour continuous block of studio time. After that 12-hour block overtime will be billed hourly.)
Student Engineer Rate
- Any current EI student booking studio time in Studio X that is not qualified to engineer alone will be charged a $15.00/hr supervising engineer rate. This rate is separate from Studio X’s hourly rate. This rate will only applies to EI student not qualified to run sessions alone.
- Blank CD w/ paper envelope: $1.00
- Blank DVD w/ paper envelope: $2.00
- 4G EI Jump drive: $15.00
- 500G EI Hard Drive: $200.00
- 1TB EI Hard Drive: $400.00
- Materials and content storage at Studio X is provided for client’s convenience only. Studio X assumes no risk and makes no guarantee for the safety of client materials in production or storage, or for the contents of materials prepared for the client. All risk for the safety of materials, contents and delivery, including loss or destruction, are assumed by and are solely the responsibility of the client. Client materials left for more than one year will be discarded.